Projects relevant to CLiE
- UKLO – the UK Linguistics Olympiad.
- LASER – Language Analysis in School: Education and Research
- Lectures for schools – an appeal to HE colleagues to record lectures suitable for GCSE classes.
- Language in schools
- Grammatical comparisons of foreign languages with English:
- Completed so far: German and French
- The LAGB grammar glossary – grammatical terminology recommended for use in schools (with the LAGB Education Committee)
- Who’s prepared to teach school English? – a study of the subject knowledge expected of applicants for PGCE English courses
- Various responses to Government consultations
- Various publications
Other UK projects
- Linguistic Challenges of the Transition from Primary to Secondary School (Leeds University Education Dept)
- Language at Leeds (a centre for research on language with a number of foci including language education)
- CREL (Centre for Research and Enterprise in Language)
- Modern languages
- Linguistics in MFL project
- WoLLoW (World of Language, Languages of the World)
- RIPL (Research in Primary Languages)
- NCELP (National Centre for Excellence for Language Pedagogy)
- The OASIS (Open Accessible Summaries in Language Studies) Database of accessible summaries of recent research on foreign language teaching.
- Promoting Linguistic Awareness in Local Schools
- Englicious (resources for learning and teaching English grammar)