CLiE has made the following responses to government consultations or to other educational developments:
- 2020: A letter from CLiE to the Minister of State for Universities about the effect of Brexit on recruitment of MFL teachers.
- 2019: A brief position paper on the primary ‘SPaG’ tests of Spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Reposted on Teachertoolkit.
- 2017: response in the Guardian to an opinion piece by Simon Jenkins arguing that school languages are a waste of time.
- 2016: Invited response to a consultation on FL pedagogy which led to the Bauckham report (which CLiE endorses)
- 2011: Response to the consultation on the National Curriculum:
- 2011: comments on the proposed Year 1 Phonics Screening Check.
- see also the UKLA response
- 2009: Comments on the Rose Review of the Primary Curriculum.
- 2007: Comments on the draft document on Functional skills.
- 2004: Comments to the Tomlinson Committee on 14-19 SK0-003 reform.
- 1993: Comments on the draft revised National Curriculum for English.
In addition to responding to government consulations, CLiE and its members are also involved in lobbying government on policy issues:
- 2013: Letter to Professor Thrift regarding A-level reform and the inclusion of English language as a facilitating subject.