CLiE is a joint committee of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain (LAGB) and the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL).
We aim to explore and evaluate ways in which linguistics and applied linguistics might contribute towards the school curriculum and the professional training of teachers. Our meetings provide a forum for the exchange of information and opinion on matters of mutual interest and concern by representatives of associations and groups involved in linguistics in education.
- Member organisations and individuals
- including the UK Linguistics Olympiad
- Links to similar organisations
Our site offers access to information about:
- CLiE responses to consultations on education policy
- Curriculum & Assessments
- Linguistics resources to support teachers
A poster about CLiE prepared by Esther Daborn for the BAAL conference in 2015: