CLIE is a joint committee of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain (LAGB) and the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL).
It aims to explore and evaluate ways in which linguistics and applied linguistics might contribute towards the school curriculum and the professional training of teachers.
Its meetings provide a forum for the exchange of information and opinion on matters of mutual interest and concern by representatives of associations and groups involved in linguistics in education. For a complete list, click here.
Our site offers:
- Interpreting policy (responses)
- working with and for exams (LOs and assessment)
- making the most of linguistic diversity (Community Languages and supporting ESOL)
- supporting language development across the curriculum (projects)
- supporting teacher knowledge and training (CPD)